The Gritman Way: Our Values
The Gritman Way is the shared behavior of our dedicated employees, medical staff, board members, and volunteers to provide Excellence. We are committed to making Gritman the best place for patients to receive care, for physicians to practice medicine, for employees to work and the best healthcare facility for our community.
We live by our Values: Compassion, Integrity, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
I promise to treat you with compassion and to care for my community.
- I welcome everyone promptly in an appropriate manner, smile, and introduce myself.
- I am empathetic and help alleviate any fear, confusion, pain or discomfort.
- I offer a ‘blameless apology’ and a simple factual explanation for issues or inconveniences.
- I follow through on all promises in an agreed upon time frame.
- I protect everyone’s right to privacy and modesty.
I promise to set an example of integrity through my behavior.
- I am approachable, honest, and appropriate in all communications.
- I take ownership of situations brought to my attention.
- I share my ideas and concerns in a respectful, professional manner.
- I discuss issues directly and only with the appropriate persons.
- I adhere to ethical principles as defined by my organizational policy.
- I engage in appropriate conversation.
I promise to collaborate with others to support the goals of the organization.
- I work in partnership with my co-workers and our organization.
- I promote and support Gritman.
- I promote teamwork and inter-departmental cooperation in a positive manner.
- I never intentionally criticize or embarrass a co-worker in the presence of others.
- I look beyond my assigned tasks to assist others on the Gritman team in any way I can.
- I use humor and laughter appropriately, and never at another’s expense or discomfort.
I promise to be accountable for my actions.
- I am an owner, supporting “The Gritman Way.”
- I take personal responsibility for achieving the organization’s performance goals.
- I am accountable and responsible for my behavior and actions.
- I hold others accountable in a respectful and appropriate manner.
- I continue to increase my knowledge and skills through continuing education, in-services, and
other applicable means.
- I adhere to Gritman policies, procedures, and work practices.
- I set an example through my own behavior and by maintaining high standards of excellence.
- I dress in a professional manner.
- I make efficient use of company resources.
- I keep my work area clean and safe.
- I report to work on time, prepared to work.
I promise to treat every person with respect.
- I treat others with warmth, courtesy and respect. Rudeness and intimidation are never
- I manage up my co-workers as professionals, recognizing that each individual’s expertise that
contributes to our overall organizational success.
- I value the time and priorities of others.
- I speak first to understand and second to be understood by being mindful of both verbal and
- I respect my co-workers’ privacy, am discreet in what I say and discourage gossip.
- I focus on our patients, physicians, co-workers, and community.
- I acknowledge the patient, introduce myself by name, notify them of the duration of the service,
explaining what I will do for the patient and thanking them for choosing Gritman.
- I respect diversity.
I promise to provide excellent customer service.
- I protect the confidentiality of our patients and the Gritman organization, never discussing
sensitive information in public.
- I communicate with courtesy, clarity, and care. I demonstrate the highest commitment to
making things better for my department and organization as a whole.
- I offer potential solutions when identifying problems.