As part of our effort to keep the region informed of COVID-19 activity in the community, we are providing this update on test samples collected, average positivity rates over 7- and 14-day periods and positive inpatient hospital admissions.
New data this week includes the vaccination status of patients admitted to the hospital for inpatient care who tested positive for COVID-19 since June 1, 2021. The date was selected because vaccinations were widely distributed and available by that time. These reports will be updated and released to the public on a weekly basis.
Gritman Medical Center, including our hospital and network of regional clinics, is safe and open for care. However, we are seeing an alarming increase in the number of COVID-19 infections and hospitalizations at the state and regional level. We need your help to slow the spread of the disease and limit serious illness and death. Please protect yourself, your loved ones, health care workers and our community. We strongly encourage getting vaccinated, wearing a facemask, washing your hands frequently, keeping social distance, and limiting gatherings with people from outside your immediate household.
COVID-19 Weekly Reporting (Data reported as 11:59 p.m. 08/25/21)
|7-day positivity rate(1):||10.98% (46 positives/419 total tests)|
|14-day positivity rate(1):||13.90% (108 positives/777 total tests)|
|New patients admitted to the hospital for inpatient care in the past week who tested positive for COVID-19 (2):||7|
|Total cumulative count of patients admitted to the hospital for inpatient care who tested positive for COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic(3):||73|
Total COVID-19 Positive Inpatient Admissions Since June 1, 2021(4)
(The date of June 1, 2021, was selected because vaccinations were widely distributed and available by that time.)
|Unable to determine(5):||5 (21.74%)|
(1) This number reflects the positivity rate for COVID-19 test samples (polymerase chain reaction – PCR) resulted by Gritman Medical Center for the time period listed.
(2) Inpatient admissions data is calculated since issue of the previous week’s report. Due to patient privacy considerations, we are not releasing daily hospital admission and discharge information at this time. As a small hospital in a rural area, publicly reporting daily admission and discharge information for a specific condition presents privacy challenges.
(3) This number reflects the total cumulative count of all patients admitted to the hospital for inpatient care who tested positive for COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. Hospitalizations are reported in a manner consistent with how they are reported to the regional and national public health authorities.
(4) The date of June 1, 2021, was selected because vaccinations were widely distributed and available by that time.
(5) It is not always possible to determine the vaccination status of a patient.