Gritman Medical Center is working quickly to respond to the rapidly evolving COVID-19 public health emergency and is implementing several changes at the hospital and our clinics to protect the health and safety of patients, staff and the community.
Changes at Gritman Medical Center
- Patients should enter the hospital through either the main or emergency entrances.
- Those entries will be staffed full time. A greeter will meet patients outside the entrances to ask basic questions about the reasons for the visit. For overnight hours, use the emergency entrance and press the call button.
- Patients presenting symptoms of COVID-19 will be directed to a private area outside the hospital.
- Patients seeking emergency care, scheduled appointments or other services will be directed to the appropriate location inside the hospital.
- In partnership with the city of Moscow, parking on Main, Seventh and Eighth streets surrounding Gritman will be restricted for patients and the public seeking health care and emergency health services.
Changes at Moscow Family Medicine
- The MFM QuickCARE and Westside clinics will be used for walk-in and immediate care needs. Patients are encouraged to reserve a spot at gritman.org/quickcare.
- The MFM Downtown Clinic on Main Street will be used for all scheduled provider appointments.
- The Vandal Health Clinic has been temporarily relocated. Depending on symptoms, patients may be directed to Gritman Medical Center or a different Gritman Moscow Family Medicine Clinic. Students, faculty, and staff are asked to call (208) 885-6693 for further information and to set up necessary transportation.
- Greeters will be located outside of the Downtown and Westside clinics to welcome and direct patients.
- Phone and appointment requests for doctor’s notes, release letters for employment or school absence excuses will no longer be accepted. This will allow staff to focus exclusively on patient care.
These changes are effective immediately and are subject to change. Gritman encourages the public to regularly visit gritman.org/coronavirus and Gritman’s Facebook page at facebook.com/gritmanmedicalcenter for the latest updates and information.