We are providing our weekly update on test samples collected, average positivity rates over 7- and 14-day periods and positive inpatient hospital admissions, including the vaccination status of patients admitted to the hospital who tested positive for COVID-19 since June 1.
Additional data includes COVID-19-related deaths in Latah County since June 1 and since the beginning of the pandemic. The data is as reported by regional public health authorities.
Gritman Medical Center continues to operate under contingent standards of care and we will change our status as the situation requires. Our hospital and clinics are open and safe for care–please do not defer the care you need.
New on our website is a letter from Moscow Emergency Physicians urging COVID-19 vaccination. We strongly encourage all eligible individuals who have not been vaccinated to get the COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccines are proven to help keep people out of the hospital and greatly reduce the risk of serious illness and death. In addition to vaccines, wearing facemasks, frequent hand washing, keeping social distance, and limiting indoor gatherings with individuals from outside your immediate household remain the best steps available to protect lives and preserve capacity in the health care system.
COVID-19 Weekly Reporting (Data reported as 11:59 p.m. 09/29/21)
|7-day positivity rate(1):||17.02% (72 positives/423 total tests)|
|14-day positivity rate(1):||15.05% (141 positives/937 total tests)|
|New patients admitted to the hospital for inpatient care in the past week who tested positive for COVID-19 (2):||5|
|Total cumulative count of patients admitted to the hospital for inpatient care who tested positive for COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic(3):||119|
|Cumulative COVID-19-related deaths in Latah County since the beginning of the pandemic(4):||25|
|COVID-19-related deaths in Latah County since June 1(4):||14|
Total COVID-19 Positive Inpatient Admissions Since June 1, 2021(5)
(The date of June 1, 2021, was selected because vaccinations were widely distributed and available by that time.)
(1) This number reflects the positivity rate for COVID-19 test samples (polymerase chain reaction – PCR) resulted by Gritman Medical Center for the time period listed.
(2) Inpatient admissions data is calculated since issue of the previous week’s report. Due to patient privacy considerations, we are not releasing daily hospital admission and discharge information at this time. As a small hospital in a rural area, publicly reporting daily admission and discharge information for a specific condition presents privacy challenges.
(3) This number reflects the total cumulative count of all patients admitted to the hospital for inpatient care who tested positive for COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. Hospitalizations are reported in a manner consistent with how they are reported to the regional and national public health authorities.
(4) As reported by public health authorities.
(5) The date of June 1, 2021, was selected because vaccinations were widely distributed and available by that time.