Gritman Medical Center, including our hospital and clinics, are open and safe for care. Please make your health a priority and do not defer getting the care you need.
On Tuesday, Sept. 7, the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare activated Crisis Standards of Care for the 10 northern counties of the state. Gritman is not operating in crisis standards of care at this time. Learn more about our hospital’s response to the state’s designation at gritman.org/newsroom.
As part of our effort to keep the region informed of COVID-19 activity in Latah County, we are providing this update on test samples collected, average positivity rates over 7- and 14-day periods and positive inpatient hospital admissions, including the vaccination status of patients admitted to the hospital who tested positive for COVID-19 since June 1. We continually validate and update this data on a regular basis.
Data this week includes:
- COVID-19 Testing: Both the 7-day and 14-day positivity rates continue to rise with the 7-day positivity rate increasing by 2.36% from 17.11% to 19.47%. The number of tests Gritman processed in the past week increased from 415 last week to 524 this week.
- Demand for Care: Our QuickCARE location, COVID-19 Drive-Through Testing Site and Emergency Department continue to see unusually high demand.
We strongly recommend all eligible individuals choose to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Vaccines help keep people out of the hospital and greatly reduce the risk of serious illness, hospitalization and death from the disease. In addition to vaccines, wearing facemasks, frequent hand washing, keeping social distance, and limiting indoor gatherings with individuals from outside your immediate household remain the best steps available to protect lives and preserve capacity in the health care system.
COVID-19 Weekly Reporting (Data reported as 11:59 p.m. 09/08/21)
|7-day positivity rate(1):||19.47% (102 positives/524 total tests)|
|14-day positivity rate(1):||18.42% (173 positives/939 total tests)|
|New patients admitted to the hospital for inpatient care in the past week who tested positive for COVID-19 (2):||6|
|Total cumulative count of patients admitted to the hospital for inpatient care who tested positive for COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic(3):||98|
Total COVID-19 Positive Inpatient Admissions Since June 1, 2021(4)
(The date of June 1, 2021, was selected because vaccinations were widely distributed and available by that time.)
(1) This number reflects the positivity rate for COVID-19 test samples (polymerase chain reaction – PCR) resulted by Gritman Medical Center for the time period listed.
(2) Inpatient admissions data is calculated since issue of the previous week’s report. Due to patient privacy considerations, we are not releasing daily hospital admission and discharge information at this time. As a small hospital in a rural area, publicly reporting daily admission and discharge information for a specific condition presents privacy challenges.
(3) This number reflects the total cumulative count of all patients admitted to the hospital for inpatient care who tested positive for COVID-19 since the beginning of the pandemic. Hospitalizations are reported in a manner consistent with how they are reported to the regional and national public health authorities.
(4) The date of June 1, 2021, was selected because vaccinations were widely distributed and available by that time.