New Gritman Newsroom helps keep you informed and up to date on health care in our region
We are committed to providing exceptional health care to our communities, and we believe part of that is ensuring you and your loved ones have the latest news and information on how Gritman Medical Center and our clinics are committed to serving the health needs of the region.
“Gritman has been at the heart of providing compassionate care in our region for over 123 years. Dr. Charles Gritman, our founder, made country calls to deliver care and health education by horse and buggy. Through our Online Clinic and new Newsroom we are able to easily communicate with people in the palm of their hand to share patient stories, advances in care and other ways we serve the public as your private, nonprofit hospital health system,” Community Relations and Marketing Director Peter Mundt said.
Our Newsroom has been completely overhauled and is divided into five sections to make it easy to navigate and for you to find all the latest news and stories:
- Advances in treatment: Here you will find the latest on our state-of-the-art technology and the expert services we provide. You can read all about our new Sports Medicine Clinic; how we can help treat migraines and chronic pain; how we are using telemedicine to ensure everyone has easy access to advanced care; and more.
- Compassionate care: This section is focused on you and the people you love. We tell the stories of people like retired nurse Nancy Lyle, who thanks to the orthopedic surgery and therapy she received at Gritman, is now fully recovered from two knee replacement procedures. Or how our lab technicians put an anxious child with special needs at ease.
- People make it possible: Hospitals like Gritman are nothing without hard-working, dedicated and highly-skilled physicians, clinicians, nurses and staff. Here you can find tips and advice for keeping kids healthy from experts like Gritman|Moscow Family Medicine physician and pediatric hospitalist Dr. Summer Day. You can learn about the great work being done by our volunteers and how our team of CRNAs in our Interventional Pain Clinic are helping people overcome debilitating pain.
- Serving our community: We have been partnering with local organizations, businesses and our communities for more than 120 years to make the Palouse a better place for everyone. Here you can find out how we are working with groups and individuals to ensure our community has the resources to fight COVID-19; the scholarships we provide to local students; and how we are working to address the region’s top health needs.
- COVID-19 emergency response updates: During the pandemic, we want to keep you updated on what we are doing to protect our communities from the virus and how you can do your part. Here you will find the latest information on testing, visitor guidelines, how we have safely resumed elective surgeries; and more.
“We believe it is critically important to tell the stories of our patients, how they have overcome adversity and inspire us all; our staff, who perform amazing work each and every day, often unnoticed by many; and how our hospital really is committed to serving the region and providing the best health care possible,” Community Relations and Marketing Coordinator Devin Rokyta said.
We share many of these stories and informative articles on our Facebook and Instagram social media channels.
“Our two social channels have over 5,000 followers and are a diverse and engaged group of people from across the region. We consider our social community a part of Gritman’s extended family,” said Shyanne Schoenlien, Gritman marketing and social media specialist.
Please let us know what you think about our new newsroom by sending an email to gro.n1624569814amtir1624569814g@sno1624569814itale1624569814rytin1624569814ummoc1624569814.